Jan 28, 2011

It's Okay

So things haven't worked out the way I wanted.

I pictured having no problem securing my campus accommodation, as I thought a guarantee is a guarantee. Yet I'm left out standing in the dark while all my friends got offered places. I found out way too late, it was Friday and I have to wait until Monday to make life-saving calls.

But it's okay.

I pictured the documents coming in and going out flawlessly, that all the bother regarding paperwork is a worry for those who can never relax, yet I'm left out in the farthest corner of Malaysia without submitting two of my most important documents yet.

But it's okay.

I pictured registrations and signing up would not be complicated, that it would be made easy and all I had to do was go with the flow, and I'll be all right. Yet I am swimming against the current, this is a bottleneck effect I'm facing. I'm going to have to make do with doing everything at the last minute.

But it's okay.

Not everything's falling into place. But it's okay.

At least this shows me that I'm not in for some honeymoon in a foreign country. I'm leaving for a fight, both mentally and physically. I'm no longer in autopilot mode. It's time to take charge and quit making excuses.

No comments: