You bow your head to them and let them immobilize your courage by pointing a gun at your image.
Finding yourself wanting to please your oppressor?
Smile, and kiss their ego for the sake of being in 'it'. Dear people!
I was not a delinquent nor unnaturally weird. It was my clear head you ridiculed.
I had a voice and I defied your pretentious norms.
That time I learned that I was weird, I realized my authenticity.
And you can only find the ruins of a beautiful stage, where did it all go, huh?
A beautiful mask you're afraid to take off. Would they still like you?
Live on in your little shell, dear. Go on living for their acceptance.
It's better to be hated for something I am rather than being loved for something I'm not.
Dear those whose sustenance was on trampling on other's insecurities.
Pity, you yesterdays' people. Shallow and forgotten.
P/S: After reading Wielding's The Altar of the Family. They should make one on The Altar of the Fake Friendships.
Assalamualaikum :)

No comments:
Post a Comment