So is forgetfulness, except for maybe some of us.
How many hours of the day do we go about our own realizing the true incandescence of the matter that Heaven is way too priceless for people who merely go about their lives.
Funny how we only savor the perilous road when we realize it's handpicked by Allah S.W.T. for us.
And funny, how easily do we forget - while being lullabied away from our senses with the pleasures of the world.
While being tricked by our own masquerade - do we even realize when we become holier-than-thou?
Or while being so caught up in the demands of day-to-day living?
The world is hell for true mukmins. And it's way too short a journey for us to pay the rightful price of Heaven.
Ask ourselves: do we deserve Heaven at the rate we're going?
The little girl with the uneven specks of face powder is heaven-bound, insya-Allah. And that thought alone keeps us going.
Yes, I may remember now. But it's a long path to tread and I'm human. I forget inevitably.
That's why, friend, I need you to remind me, always wake me up from my ecstasies.
"But seek, with the (wealth) which Allah has bestowed on thee, the Home of the Hereafter, nor forget thy portion in this world: but do thou good, as Allah has been good to thee, and seek not (occasions for) mischief in the land: for Allah loves not those who do mischief."
Al-Qasas: 77
Assalamualaikum.

No comments:
Post a Comment