They can tell you why they are there
and they didn't even have to say
and they didn't even have to say
even you know their reasons.
But you,
why are you here?
As you walk down that road, every single day
talk to faces that pass you by
and stare into the same sky that other people do -
and think of things other people are thinking -
tell me,
tell me,
why are you here?
You go where you're supposed to go
do what you're supposed to do
say what you're supposed to say
do you feel what you're supposed to feel?
are any of those really yours?
and, tell me
why are you here?
why are you here?
What do you stand for?
and what do you know?
what do you believe in?
now tell me, are they really yours?
or are they merely instruments for you to fit in
when you have nothing else to show for yourself
regardless, tell me
why are you here?
when you have nothing else to show for yourself
regardless, tell me
why are you here?
When all you are is reduced to one question
and you don't get to hide behind all the universe have to offer
and all those presumptions that define you are suspended -
just you - in your entirety and individuality
would you really exist?
and if you would, tell me
why are you here?
just you - in your entirety and individuality
would you really exist?
and if you would, tell me
why are you here?
You and I might not know it
but they have it best
because they know their happenstances
and they went to lands of the mind
you would not dare traverse.
As for me,
I don't know much myself -
all I know is that life is dull that way
and that's perfectly alright.
Is it so wrong
to feel cheated out of the years
where I borrowed others' dreams and inspiration?
Is it so wrong
to seek for one's self?
You need not mind me
I'm not really here
and to me,
you're not really there.
# forgive the melancholy on crack - it's week 11 into the semester and I am currently, very dangerously behind.
but they have it best
because they know their happenstances
and they went to lands of the mind
you would not dare traverse.
As for me,
I don't know much myself -
all I know is that life is dull that way
and that's perfectly alright.
Is it so wrong
to feel cheated out of the years
where I borrowed others' dreams and inspiration?
Is it so wrong
to seek for one's self?
You need not mind me
I'm not really here
and to me,
you're not really there.
# forgive the melancholy on crack - it's week 11 into the semester and I am currently, very dangerously behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment