My adorable juniors threw me a little farewell party last night. Being an outrightly awkward and socially insecure due to my unease at communicating using a foreign language (Semenanjungan, that is), I only spoke when spoken to and tried my best to spare them of the awkwardness by scramming to my room most of the time. So that's why their gesture, despite wrongly implied terms of coldness and distance, really touched my heart.
I suppose normal people's expression of this kind of gratitude would involve effortless friendliness. But in turn the ambiance was awkward because I did not know how to properly execute that. It was better for everyone involved that I keep my minimalist expressions on. My smile would look phony and my laughter would be pretentious. And exchanges would be unnatural.
But girls, thank you. I love you.
For other socially awkward people out there, this tumblr is for you: http://sociallyawkwardpenguin.tumblr.com/
And yes, this is my last day with 24-hour internet connection, so understand my need for self-indulgent 'me' spam posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment