Nov 3, 2012

I Miss People

I've been under room arrest for half a week now - and two more weeks are looming.

I've been missing people a lot. In my now-routine siestas which divide day and night studying, I dream of people, and of home.

Just now I dreamed of pouring down a whole can of Sprite on the stairs at home - and thinking, 'what was I doing' and getting the intense desire to apologise to my mother, even after I woke up.

I noticed then that I had been in constraining myself in a tight space and, in the process, shut other people out for quite some time. Conducive for study, yes - but terribly lonely.

I miss people - of that feeling of knowing that other people lie beside me in the living room when I try to get to sleep, or of that happiness in seeing faces of friends after a long time.

I know it would be over in three weeks (just three weeks, imagine that!) but it feels a lifetime away.

Relatively true though - people say a part of you die during the exam period, and that part get reborn afterwards.

Anyway, rindu bah. Betul-betul ndak sabar balik.

No comments: