... Arrival day. ANU's huge. Canberra's lovely. My room is okay. In fact everything is, except for the toilets which don't have pipes. Yes I'm okay, and Australians are very pleasant people...
17th February 2012
I've just arrived. New carpet. Felt like I've only been away for only a while. Music playing downstairs - O-Week party tonight.
New SR, nice guy called Tristan, whom I've created an impression of being an extremist within seconds of our acquaintanceship. Made me laugh at the nameframe he installed on my door while I was away - 'Karim' (saw me laughing alone at the door, add nutter to the impression). Cece, Eva, and Shaneel (with his new fridge) are still my neighbors. Max's room has a new tenant- Daniel. I'll miss the study groupmate/tutor/confidante in him.
Packing should have been a breeze, only it's not. Unpacking a lot of things I want stowed away from my mind. Finding things that were never mine in the first place. Thought about what Ani said to me at the airport, and what I have been thinking of, all summer.
Journey has been okay. Still managing well after close to 40 hours of travelling. Went through two jet-lag sessions in the process. And would you know it, when the bus came to the Condamine Street stop it started raining heavily, thunders included. And I thought Canberra's best was weak drizzles.
Met an Indonesian-speaking Aussie who helped me put my 40 kg worth of stuff on the bus. Met Dan Rose, the new FRC president who used to help me sort out my internet connection, and he did not open the front door for me (mind you - 40 kgs of stuff, drenched in rain, no proper hygiene whatsoever for the last day and a half). Let me wait for the Duty Warden instead.
Have yet to call home. Have yet to send that dreaded email. Have yet to catch up with fellow Malaysians. Have yet to acquire secondhand textbooks (and, by extension, have yet to start the dreaded readings) for start of uni next week. Have yet to do the common registrations housekeeping.
Have yet to leave home, actually.
Have yet to leave my sisters. Have yet to leave my parents. Have yet to leave my uncles, my aunts, my grandmothers. Have yet to leave the person I was when I was with them.
When I sob at the thought of them, I realized that they are probably the only people I ever sincerely loved.
2 comments:
welcome back to living hell...ihihihihihihih..no laaaa....everything's going to be fine......welcome dear 2nd year law student...i just learn how doctors prone to get sued this semester..hope u could back me up...ihihihihiihhihihihihihihiih
it's not hell, i was being a drama queen. macam mana kau sana? skype kalau free!
Post a Comment