Apr 8, 2011

You

Life is lived in retrospect.
Only come to live what has passed by.
Come to see the present to endure.
And the past to enjoy.
For the things that linger, to survive the test of memory.
To be kept in a sacred little box.
Buried where we can find it.
So we can come around and remember that all those treasures.
Were once ours.
That we were once worthy of them.
And, another smile.

You're in this little treasure chest of mine.

I do this every year. But every year, I mean it. And every year, the farther you are, the more I hope you'll understand how much I mean it. Selamat hari lahir, may Allah bless you, guide you every second of the way.

May this friendship of ours, survive another decade. And another. And maybe a few more after that :)

Assalamualaikum.!

No comments: